Contract Specialist, 761473700
Selected applicants will serve as entry-level trainees in the DLA Pathways to Career Excellence (PaCE) Program performing a series of progressively responsible General Supply Specialist functions, along with formal and on-the-job training (OJT). While in the PaCE program, candidates will be promoted each year upon successfully meeting the requirements of the program.
The following duties will be performed in a developmental capacity.
- Procuring items awarded through formal advertising and/or through use of negotiation techniques.
- Reviewing requisitions to determine that proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents.
- Considering financial responsibility of suppliers by evaluating contract performance on previous contracts.
- Reviewing solicitations and amendments for adequacy and completeness.
- Monitoring vendor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of the award.