Graduate Research Assistant (GRA)
Review clinical records of thyroid cancer survivors and record demographics, clinical characteristics, and treatment outcomes in the database. The candidate will perform basic data management tasks and meet regularly with clinical faculty to ensure high data quality. Extensive use with Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word, research programs such as Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap), and clinical programs such as OneConnect/EPIC. Previous experience in the medical field is helpful, but not required.
· Become knowledgeable about thyroid cancer.
· Learn about and participate in the process of medical research as conducted at a large institution.
· Learn literature review, data entry, and data abstraction/compilation as required
· Learn process of preparation of presentations at professional conferences
· Attend research presentations as required
· The opportunity to observe in the operating room will be available for interested candidates outside of hours required for duties