Realty Specialist/Transportation Specialist
Don't Delay - Start Your Career Today with FHWA!
The Maine and New Hampshire Federal-aid Highway Divisions are hiring a Realty Specialist/Transportation Specialist (GS-2101-12/13 - $82,830 to $144,034 annually) in Augusta, ME, or Concord, NH. To apply, visit https://www.usajobs.gov/job/725021700 (open to U.S. Citizens), select the appropriate duty station(s), and one or both grade levels. Alternatively, send your resume and a statement of interest (in the body of the message) to Rachel.LeVee@dot.gov (for Maine) or Miguel.Ramos@dot.gov (for New Hampshire) using “Realty Specialist/Transportation Specialist” in the subject line. Maine and New Hampshire hiring managers will continue to pull applications through 10/09/2023, but submit yours sooner for best consideration.
This is a shared position with the Maine AND New Hampshire Division Offices. If selected, the incumbent will choose either the Augusta or Concord duty station and support both Division Offices.
As a Realty Specialist/Transportation Specialist, you will:
- Provide leadership for ROW functions through all phases of the Federal-aid highway program in the New Hampshire and Maine Divisions.
- Lead the States in developing and implementing their overall ROW acquisition and relocation assistance programs.
- Implement Risk Based Stewardship and Oversight principles for the States’ ROW program activities, including appraisal, appraisal review, acquisition, management of air space, relocation of businesses and people, property management, disposal of ROW, encroachments, outdoor advertising, junkyards, condemnation, access control, and disposal of surplus properties.
- Provide guidance and advice to the States of New Hampshire and Maine in interpreting and implementing ROW legislation and regulations and promoting new technologies.
- Develop and present training and share best practices to the State DOTs, local public agencies, and other transportation stakeholders to improve performance and knowledge of new or existing requirements.
The ideal candidate has experience managing a highway right-of-way (ROW) program and providing policy guidance and technical assistance regarding a broad range of OW and real property concepts, principles, laws, and regulations.